Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Welcome to Empowerment!!!

Hi there! I'm really glad you chose to read this blog. The plan is to develop this site into something that will empower many people to do the things they feel are impossible for them to do or to do something about the things they feel powerless to do anything about it.

Since you're reading this, I trust you were (1) looking for something (I think I have that covered) and (2) that something needs to give you some power to be able to do something. After reading this, I hope you leave with more power than when you arrived. Then, go take some action and come back for more. If you find Empowerment to be helpful, give me some feedback to let me know how Empowerment has helped you.

Let me tell you a little about the motivation behind this.

I can't tell you how many times I walk down the street or through the mall or wherever and see people that are carrying themselves as if there was nothing at all of worth in them. They walk along as if they are powerless to do anything and they are just rolling with the waves of life trying not to drown. Sometimes, I try to see if I can find out just how far inside themselves they have tried to hide. As I am walking toward them, I give a big, genuine smile - the kind you give a good friend you haven't seen in a while. I'm amazed by the response I get from some people. They smile back. Just a little at first, then more and more. Until, as their smile grows, you can almost see their whole body begin to react to the power of their own smile. When I see this, I know this person could be, do, and have so much more than they are presently settling for. I have often thought it would be so awesome to be able to stop the world at that moment and sit down with this person to tell them just how much power they have within themselves and what a difference they could make in this world with just their smile. It would be so incredible to be able be a support to them; to watch them grow and overcome their obstacles; to see them develop into the person they have dreamed they could be.

For this first post, I would like to leave you with a simple, but powerful quote.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Maybe, just maybe, I can begin to see some of my own dreams come true through this blog. Maybe I can write something here that will give you the power you need to climb your mountain, to chase your impossible dream, to be more than you ever thought you could be.

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2007 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Gail said...

Erik I love your blog and I have this exact quote"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson in hanging in my house!! Welcome to the power of blogging!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home